Every few years, homeowners decide to give their bathtubs a facelift for various reasons. However, apart from restoring the bathtub just to make it visually more appealing than its former self, it is also very important to ensure that the new – look bathtub is fully functional which is why it is very important that before embarking on a project of such importance, a few important things should be considered.
Bathtub restoration is an essential part of home improvement so it should be treated with the same care and seriousness as you will show for other important parts of your home. Moreover, you need to ask why it is so important to give your bathtub a facelift?
Bathtub refinishing, countertop finishing and ceramic tile refinishing is something that you should go for as it will ensure that your existing bathtub is working exactly according to your liking for at least 15 years.
How to restore your bathtub?
By applying just a few steps, you will be able to breathe fresh life into your bathtub for many years.
- Clean the tub
- First and foremost, you should remove any spots you see on the surface of the tub with a cleaner and a degreaser. Make sure that you wash the tub properly with the help of an abrasive cleanser. You will be able to do the same thing if you use an abrasive pad instead of an abrasive cleaner.
- Remove grime or gloss through sand
- Fill the tub with grit wet sandpaper (the 400-600 version) because it will clear all the stains and gloss that’s left over from cleaning and it will also roughen up the service which provides makes adhesion for coating easier.
- Start painting the tub with the help of a brush and roller after you mix the epoxy. Also, make sure that you brush in only one direction and apply two light coats with a difference of an hour.
- Seal the corners
- Caulk around the club, shelves and the edges around the tile walls.
By following these four simple steps, you will be able to perform bathtub restoration on your own.
Rather than going to the hardware store and spending so much time and money in choosing and buying a new tub, it is much better that you go for a bathtub restoration technique which you can do it on your own if you have all the necessary equipment.
Moreover, the equipment used to carry out the bathtub restoration procedure is not that expensive which only bodes well for your budget.